8000 Aarhus C
UK: 5th Floor, 3 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF
GERMANY: Cryptomathic GmbH, Theatinerstrasse 11, DE-80333 Munich
US: Cryptomathic Inc. 111 North Market Street, Suite 300 San Jose, CA 95113-1116 USA
4. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect, store and use Personal Information as follows:
- We may collect information about how you are accessing and using the Website and /or Cryptomathic Offerings, which may include administrative and support communications with Us and information about the services, features, content and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any). Such information may include Personal Information.
- We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, type of browser, your device’s type, internet service provider (“ISP”), date and time stamp, referring / exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to Us. We may use such information to analyse trends, administer the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings, track users’ movement on the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings and gather demographic information.
- We use Google Analytics and HubSpot Analytics to collect information about the use of Our Website and Product Offerings, such as pages you view or your interactions on that page, to improve and develop our services and to generate technical and market insights. The information that We collect in this context may include: the pages you view, your settings within the service, your browser type and IP address, operating system, device type and passwords. This information is collected to provide you with access, to operate Our Website and / or Product Offerings, for support, to personalise and improve your experience of Our Website and / or Product Offerings, to develop other services and technologies, and generate technical and market insights.
- If you send Us a ‘Contact Me’ request, whether by submitting an online form or by sending an email, you may be required to provide Us with certain Personal Information, such as your name and email address.
- We may collect limited information from your mobile device in case you are using the Cryptomathic Offerings from your mobile phone or other mobile device.
- If, when accessing the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings, you integrate with a third party service, We will connect that third party service to Ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account, e.g. an AWS account with Cryptomathic. However, We do not receive or store your passwords for any such third party services.
- In order to use certain Cryptomathic Offerings that We offer via the Website, such as use of Cryptomathic’s AWS BYOK service, you are required to create an account (the “User Account”). If you create a User Account you will be required to provide Us with certain Personal Information as well as a password that you will use for your User Account. We may send you a text message to your mobile phone or an e-mail to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create a User Account, you may not be able to access or use certain Cryptomathic Offerings.
Cryptomathic processes your Personal Information where We have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
5. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information about Our customers and users is an important part of Our business, and We do not sell Our customers’ or users’ Personal Information to any third party. If you submit or We collect Personal Information through the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings, We may use such Personal Information in the following ways, via any communication channel:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide, support, fix errors and improve the Cryptomathic Offerings, to send you marketing / advertisement communications that We believe may be of interest to you, to contact you in connection with the Cryptomathic Offerings and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for and to identify and authenticate your access to the Cryptomathic Offerings.
- We may use your designated email address to (i) send you updates or news regarding the Cryptomathic Offerings and / or (ii) respond to a ‘Contact Us’ or administrative request, e.g. to change your password.
- We may send you service and administrative emails and communications. We may contact you to inform you about changes in Our Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings and important service-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them.
- We may transfer your Personal Information to Our local or foreign subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners or service providers for the purpose of (i) storing or processing such information on Our behalf or (ii) assist
We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings with people and organisation you specifically ask to share the information with.
We may share your contact details with Our business partners and / or affiliates for purposes of offering or promoting the Cryptomathic Offerings.
We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submit via the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings if We have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce Our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues (which may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction), or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cryptomathic, Our users, yourself or the public.
- We utilise Cookies, pixels, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order for Us to recognise your browser or device, learn more about your interests, provide you with essential features and services and to enable Us to provide you with the Cryptomathic Offerings and present you with information that is customised for you. The term “Cookie” is defined as a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Website and / or in relation to the Cryptomathic Offerings. Certain Cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. You may control the Cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them, and you may set your browser to notify you if you receive a Cookie, or you may choose to block Cookies with your browser.
- The information We may collect through Cookies includes:
- Network and connection information, such as the IP address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your ISP.
- Computer and device information, such as device, application or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system or time zone setting.
- The location of your device or computer.
- Authentication and security credential information.
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads.
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from Our Website and Cryptomathic Offerings, content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and page interaction information.
- Our Cookies allow you to take advantage of some essential and useful features. Blocking some types of Cookies will impact your experience of Our Website and access to some of the Cryptomathic Offerings.
7. USE OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
- We may use Anonymous Information in order to (i) improve Our Website and / or the Cryptomathic Offerings and (ii) collect statistics about use of the Website and the Cryptomathic Offerings, which We use for analytics.
8. OPTING OUT
You may at all times choose whether or not to disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit certain sections of Our Website, but you will be unable to access certain options, programs, offers and services that involve Our interaction with you, and the Cryptomathic Offerings will not be available to you.
You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising or other service-related communications from Us by unsubscribing or opting out. If you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, We may still send you a response to any ‘Contact Us’ request as well as administrative emails, e.g. a password reset request lodged by you, that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Website and / or Cryptomathic Offerings.
If you wish to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that We may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We design the Cryptomathic Offerings with your security and privacy in mind, and We adhere to generally accepted industry standards in protecting the Personal Information submitted to Us.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event that We are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, We reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information and any other information you have provided to Us in connection with such events.